If your home is furnished with vintage furniture you will know just how hard it can be to find a furniture specialist that ticks all the boxes in regard to quality, authenticity, and price but there are a few things you can do to minimize your chances of disappointment. The internet has opened up a whole new world of opportunity for buyers and sellers alike but unfortunately also gives opportunities to more unscrupulous traders who take advantage of gullible buyers and attempt to sell and pass off their products as something they’re not.
Please see below for a checklist of do’s and don’t’s when buying vintage furniture online and how to separate highly regarded vintage furniture specialists such as Love Antiques from less than authentic similar companies.
- How Long Have They Been Trading? – Although the length of trading time isn’t a deal breaker in itself, you might have to do a bit more digging about it in order to clarify a dealer’s expertise. What could have been a one-man band operating independently may have expanded its business to such an extent where it has been able to set up a limited company or similar.
- Experience – Regardless of whether the company has been trading for 10 weeks or 10 years, the owner should have a full checkable background in vintage furniture. A vintage or antique furniture specialist isn’t simply a profession you just walk into and become an expert in this area, it takes years of experience to build up the expertise and credentials needed to successfully do business in this field.
- Testimonials – Any vintage furniture specialist that has been in the business for a number of years will have fully verifiable customer testimonials. They should be willing to provide you with the contact details of previously satisfied customers in order to prove both their experience and expertise.
- Online Reviews – Like it or not, this is the 21st century and the online review sector is absolutely booming, even when it comes to buying antique furniture. Even vintage furniture specialists are not immune to the relentless march of the internet and as a result, you should be able to find some online reviews in business directories that can go some way in determining whether your vintage furniture specialists are above boar
- Don’t Go Cheap! – Antique or vintage furniture could never be described as cheap. If you see ‘genuine’ vintage furniture for sale at implausibly lower prices in comparison to other online vintage furniture shops, the alarm bells should start ringing. The only exception to this rule is if the vintage furniture is acquired as a result of a house clearance or similar.
I hope these guidelines are useful when you are looking for vintage furniture online. Most vintage furniture specialists are honest, passionate individuals who take pride in their vocation with their main objective being your 100% total satisfaction with your purchase. By following the above guidelines, you should be able to find a vintage furniture specialist that speaks your language and ticks all the boxes!
Thanks for stopping by the blog today. It means so much to me that you are here.
This article is published in partnership with Mediabuzzer.