Self Care Design Tips you’ve never even thought of. But will instantly boost your mood!
Did you ever think about decorating as a form of self care? If you haven’t it’s kind of crazy to wrap your head around. Usually self care means bubble baths, reading your favorite book, binging a positive podcast, face masks, or getting a pedicure… At least that’s what you would think self care means. To be honest I think that self care can be anything that brings you a calming state of mind or instantly makes you happy. Which I believe we should be doing some kind of self care each and every day!
So I want to share 7 secrets to practice self care through decorating! These are tips I do on a regular basis and they boost my mood instantly.
I know they will make you happy as well!
Tell me in the comments below which of these secrets you do daily or at least in your regular schedule…
Or if you aren’t practicing any of the list below tell me which one you will start right away!
- Creating a cozy bedroom that has a retreat feel. You would be surprised at how much happier you will be if you keep a clean room that has a cozy warm feel to it. A way I am able to do this daily is by making my bed and using throw pillows and throw blankets. Layers on your bed create a warm getaway design style. Of course you’ll sleep better with a bedroom you enjoy spending time in.
- Decorate a bathroom with clean whites, and neutrals along with plants and pops of color to bring a happy mood. A bathroom is a space we get ready in and take care of our body so it makes sense to have a clean place for that. I love filling up clear canisters with colorful bath bombs and bath salts. I have even filled a glass jar with a bubble bath liquid and kept it on my bathroom shelf for decor.
- Design a quiet space in your home you can relax and take a breather from the world. For me that space is a large wing back chair I have in my living room. It’s a space that I am able to unplug, relax, and just do nothing!
- Organize!!! There is nothing that helps my mood more when I am cleaning the house than organizing a space I have been putting off for a while. You will be able to tackle a messy spot in your home and immediately feel better when you have dejunked or got rid of a few things you have been holding onto forever!
- Tidy up each room every day! It only takes a few minutes of your time to pick up your house. If you tidy up on a regular basis it will make those deep clean Saturdays so much easier!
- I have a meditation spot in my home that I have designed with a soft large sitting pillow, candles, and colorful wall art decor that will put me in a calm positive mood.
- Decorate your home how you want to! Buy decorations that you love looking at, use a color scheme that are your favorite colors, forget about what’s the latest trend and follow what makes you happy just by looking at it.
I promise if you practice these self care decorating tips you will be a happier you! I know that I am!
Tell me in the comments which one of these tips is your favorite one or something you are already doing.
I want to know!
I will share a couple of my favorite pics below to give you an idea of some self care tips you can easily do yourself!
If you aren’t a part of my blog family yet fill out the form below so we can hangout! You will be the first to get DIY decor tips and tricks and hear what’s the latest on the blog!